Saturday, May 8, 2010

Welcome home?

I wanted to tell them it was a mistake. That we needed to turn the plane around so I could go back where I was supposed to be. I may be in the country I call home, but while it is good to see friends and family again I feel like this is the dream, and there is the reality. So as I do the jobs I've committed to do here, knowing that this is where God wants me NOW, I'll be praying and see if maybe I am supposed to go back next year to where I've left little pieces of my heart scattered all over the red clay and wide brown eyes of Africa.

So much happened in the last four months; it's impossible to sum up in a dry and sporadically written blog with a few pictures. I've left out so many pieces of my life because there simply wasn't time to write. Even within my last week aboard, so much happened that I could only be and be a part of...and store up everything to process later. So if you don't object I plan to continue sharing bits and pieces of Africa and my life with Mercy Ships, interspersed with the ministry and life to which God has called me for the rest of this year.

1 comment:

  1. No objections lady =) you're a stupendous writer. keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete