Thursday, January 27, 2011

I heard my baby breathe

It all revolves around generators. Generators and pipes. Something I know very little about. So I find myself praying in vague terms, doing what I can to prepare for the sail, thankful that the engineers and plumbers and electricians and deck crew know what they are doing.

They are testing the first generator, with a relatively positive report before they shut it back off for more tests. “I heard one of my babies take a breath today,” one of the mechanics said happily when I asked him yesterday how it went. And breathing babies are definitely an answer to prayer. We need them breathing so that we can sail. Our patients are ready for us to come in Sierra Leone, and the hospital staff are raring and ready to go.

Please pray for Dennis’s babies to breathe, and breathe well.

No comments:

Post a Comment