Sunday, September 23, 2012

In color

It would be easy to turn and walk away.  Escaping reality with the TV turned up just a little louder, telling stories of the good old days and ignoring the hurt in front of us. To walk through a day without ever seeing, and to give care without ever loving.  Because without love there can't be loss - or at least that's what we tell ourselves.

Too easy.  Too safe.

So many choose the path of less resistance, not realizing with hurt and heartache there can also be joy; unwittingly imprisoning themselves in a world of gray.  Never knowing the richness they have carelessly traded away.

I want to live in colors brilliantly painted with a bold hand on a canvas of my own life.

My hands, cupped in prayer, catch raindrops together with blessings, trickled down between my fingers and onto my palms to mingle with the warm salt of my own tears.  Above my head, all I can see are storm clouds dark with promise.  But out across the ocean, in the midst of the rain and storm, the bright pinks and blues of a beautiful sunset still shine persistently through.

I want to go into the world of distractions and toys, of ignoring problems and hoping they'll go away, the world of make believe and masks.  I want to tell people there is more to life than the safety of grey.  It's worth taking a risk to live life in color.  They may miss amazing sunsets if they're too scared to stay out in the rain.

2 comments:

  1. AMEN- well said... something I"m struggling with at this moment too. Thanks for this;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing...Thank you:0) May God continue to bless your work......

    ReplyDelete