Saturday, November 3, 2012

Adventure to the interior: A beginning


Well the land rovers are packed and our team is ready to head out early tomorrow morning at 0430.  Two weeks of guesthouses and camping, muddy dirt roads and plenty of coffee, large crowds and lots of potential patients...
In short, two weeks of incredible crazy adventure.

The meetings and planning of the last two months fed neatly into the increased pace of the last week...spreadsheets and plans and meetings, the glaring orange of the medical bags in my camp chair under the window and the boxes of pregnancy tests and yellow patient cards sitting on my desk under a small pile of very conservative clothes.

It started when I offered to help, two months ago.  Just mentioned that I would be willing to work with the screening team again if needed.  And here we are, headed out with a team of nine crew (including three nurses), hitting up cities throughout Guinea to screen for patients.

There could be thousands waiting for us - some already with surgery dates and so many others hopeful.    It is impossible to go in my own strength, my own wisdom: sure recipe for disaster.

So I kneel in my weakness at the foot of the cross and rise in thankfulness that He has already gone ahead of us.

I pray that I would see through His eyes, to see him there in N'Zerekore and Kankan and Mamou and everywhere in between.  Would you pray with me?

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely! Love you, Laura. I've often thanked God for your gift of putting things into words that makes us feel like we can see and feel what you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a beautiful light in this world, Thank you:) My family and I will continue to pray for you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you Laura! God go before you and surround you with His love and protection!! We love your updates! Hope you brought your djembe!!!

    ReplyDelete