Friday, January 29, 2010

My new home: shipshape and ready to sail

The M/V Africa Mercy: a converted Dutch ferry boat, is now one of the world's largest non-military hospital ships...and also my home for the next 3 1/2 months.






I share a cabin on deck 3, the hospital wing, with 5 other women...Our double bunks are built into the wall. Currently I have just 1 roommate, but I hear more will be arriving once we reach Togo!
I think my little cubby will shrink quite a bit when my new roommate arrives and we flip her bunk down! We try and keep the cabin pretty tidy for weekly cabin inspection.
For the next few days we are docked in Puertos de Tenerife. We went out and explored a bit,



















and last night one of the locals came out and gave us a private concert shipside with his amp and guitar. Much more to come...






1 comment:

  1. I love you Laura Coles and am wishing you God's best for the next three and half months as you serve Him and become His hands and feet to the sick and needy =) stay in touch and keep posting!! <3

    ReplyDelete